Wednesday 16 February 2011

Repurchased products...

As a beauty blogger I come across so many new products and new brands that its rare I repurchase something as I like to try something else to see how it compares.

However sometimes there are a few exceptions and some products are ones that NEED to be in my collection and I use them every day.


So, the products I have to buy as soon as they run out are...

Collection 2000 Sheer Loose Powder - I love this for setting my foundation. I know its not a high end brand but I find it does a fantastic job and its only £3 or something.

Collection 2000 Perfect Finish foundation - I was using Lasting Perfection before I tried this but even the lightest shade is too dark for me in the winter months so I switched to this one as weirdly, the lightest shade in this is perfect. Because I'm a stay at home mum, I can't justify using expensive foundation everyday I tend to go through a bottle a month so if I used MAC it would be about £20 every month whereas with this its less than £5 and I love the finish it gives me. I do buy probably two bottles of expensive foundation a year for when I go out and they tend to last me.

Sleek Waterproof mascara - I've included this in lots of monthly favourites so I don't need to write more about how fantastic I think this mascara is!

Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer - This bronzer is something I've used since I was a teenager and I really like it. Why change it if its not broken? I do like the St Tropez bronzer but like foundation I can't justify it when I don't work.

Urban Decay 24/7 Zero liner - I've bought this a few times and now they're all tiny! Luckily I have the one in my Naked palette to tide me over. I have to say though, Avon Supershock liner may take over this being a favourite as I've been very impressed with that.

Sleek Storm palette - This is my second Storm palette, I think I bought the first one in around april/may 09. As you can see in the photo below, the dark brown is almost all gone as that's what I use to fill in my brows, and the lightest shade and the darker gold has completely gone. A few other colours have hit pan. I wish Sleek would release individual eyeshadows because those 3 colours are the ones I use a lot and it would be handy to be able to buy them rather than the palette. Maybe they should do a brow set? Does anybody use the darker shades in the storm palette? I've never used them as I just don't know what to use them for, plus as soon as I apply them they end up all over my face. Post in the comments if you do and any links for posts you may have done where you've used them.



Are there any items you always repurchase or do you like to keep trying different products?

2 comments:

  1. wow congrats on hitting pan! It would truly be a major accomplishment for me if i hit pan on non-foundation items :) i almost never hit pan on anything -_- (shame).

    i definitely have to check out that rimmel bronzer since u liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the urban decay liners. They go on super smooth and have great pigmentation. They also have the giant collection of them right now for sale.

    ReplyDelete