Friday 14 May 2010

Thank you & Update..

Firstly I just want to say Hello you all my new followers! And thank you for all the entries to my contest.

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything this week, I've had a really bad week. I know I have mentioned on my blog before that last year I had an ectopic pregnancy, well now I'm having all sorts of tests to find out why I haven't gotten pregnant yet and I found out I may have Polycystic ovaries. Which I know isn't the end of the world and a lot of women do have it, but I was just gutted because I had been told last october that everything was fine but the actual Dr at the hospital has seen my blood results and has said they indicate I could have it. So I have been feeling a bit down and not really in the mood to blog, but I'm also happy that I have an explanation for that and because I know I have discussed weight loss on my blog before, because my weight loss has come to a stand still! Which is understandable now I've found out this. I have to go for a few blood tests this month to find out for sure, but the Dr is pretty sure thats whats wrong.

Anyway, I know this has nothing to do with make up etc, but I like to share things and just explain why I've been so quiet this week when recently I have been very pleased with how often I've been posting. I hope things will be back to normal next week.

I also want to thank a few people who sent me some lovely messages this week, Laura from http://romanticdreaming.blogspot.com/ , Nicola http://www.nicolavc86.com/ , Karleigh http://www.secretbeautyblog.com/ and Emily http://sparkleandshade.blogspot.com/ . I know to some people the blogging community can seem a bit cliquey but its really not, all the girls are so lovely and supportive! They are lovely ladies who also make lovely blogs!

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Yay, a new blog to follow. I don't think I heard of sparkle and shade before. I hope 'the grey clouds dissipate soon' and that you feel bright and chirpy again soon xx
    liloo/tsunimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time lately, hopefully the docs will be able to properly diagnose you soon and give you all the help you need xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big love sweetheart, you keep your chin help up high, promise :)

    At least if the test results do show conclusive evidence that you have PCOS there will be a reason for things that have been happening...so try not to worry yourself too much, we are ALL here to support you and keep you going :) Col too!

    Keep us informed honey, and remember, you're fabulous, don't let anyone make you think otherwise!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* so glad that you're starting to feel a little bit brighter lovely. Really hoping that they sort everything PCOS wise and that you get a clear answer (obviously, hoping its negative too!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hun,
    I'm a new follower, but this post really struck a chord with me. I was diagnoised with Polycystic Ovaries when I was 19.
    I've been feeling low on energy for the past few months, and it seems as though some of the cysts on my left ovarie have grown and I'm going to the hospital for a scan to find out how large they are and if/when I'll need to get them removed.
    It's not nice finding out you have polycystic ovaries, but I read somewhere that Kym Marsh has also suffered from this, and she's the Mother of 2 children, so there is hope for us!
    It definately explains the lack of weight loss too, when I became ill with the enlarged cysts, a lot of people were shocked when I told them I had polycystic ovaries because they assume that if you do have it you'll be obese. In my case, I'm not, but I'm not completely happy with my weight either, I found a good way of loosing weight was through Slimming World, but I know different diets work for different people.
    Chin up hun, It's not the end of the world, you will make an excellent Mother one day, and at least the baby will come in to this world knowing how much it was wanted and craved for, which will make it all the more special :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma

    Sorry to hear that you too have PCOS, I hope that the cysts haven't gotten too big.

    I am really lucky that I am already a mum, Alice is 28 months. I got pregnant with her very easily and when we decided to have another baby I fell pregnant easily again, but as I said it was an ectopic pregnancy. It seems that the PCOS has possibly started since I had the surgery for my ectopic. I know I had a scan last year and they found a cyst on my right ovary.

    I have been doing weight watchers since February now, and I hit a brick wall after I lost 1 stone. The GP has given me something to help me lose weight before the Dr puts me on medication for PCOS x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen,

    You are increadibly lucky to already have Alice in your life, you're still young, one day you will have a lovely brother or sister for her.

    They can just develop, I've always had troublesome periods and I went for my first scan in 2004, aged 16 and nothing showed up, when I went back again in 2007, it showed up I had a number of small cysts in both ovaries.

    Good luck with the weight loss too, I can never seem to loose more than 10lbs! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your PCOS, i really hope you can work through it with a good doctors help.
    It's not fair how these things work, i never ever want children (and i have a phobia of pregnancy so if i ever somehow changed my mind i would adopt) and, as far as i know, i would have no problem concieving. Good luck sweetie.

    ReplyDelete