Monday 19 April 2010

Neäl & Wølf Review.

I was sent these items to review by the lovely people at Propaganda and have been using them for over a week now.



Neäl & Wølf was created by Neil Capstick who has over 20 years experience in the hair industry. Their products are available to buy in professional salons, you can currently buy them from http://www.beautybay.com/neal-wolf/ and will soon be available to buy from their own website http://www.nealandwolf.com/home/

I really love the images they use on their website, they're beautiful and I think are a great way to portray the brand.




I really like the packaging, its simple but effective and definitely has that high end feel and look. The bottles are easy to get product out of, I know this is an odd thing to comment on but I have been using Herbal Essences for a while now and I hate their new bottles as I end up throwing half a bottle of conditioner away as it doesn't come out of the bottle! Anyway, there are no such problems with this packaging, and it looks good on my bathroom shelf!

I chose the Ritual Daily cleansing shampoo and conditioner and the Elevate volumising lotion.

When I first used it the first thing I noticed was the scent, its gorgeous! Its quite strong when your hair is wet but once its dry its not as strong but you can still smell it on your hair for most of the day which I really like. I always have to use conditioner on my hair else I can't get a brush through it, but after using the shampoo my hair felt so soft as if I'd already used conditioner, so if you didn't want to you definitely wouldn't have to use the conditioner. However, the conditioner does make your hair even softer and smooth, my hair felt lovely after I washed it.

I then let my hair dry on its own for a bit and worked about a 10p size squirt of Elevate through my hair, then blow dried it. I did notice a little bit of difference in volume, it wasn't huge but it was just right. To be honest I am yet to find any kind of volumising product that works with my hair, maybe my hair likes to be flat!


I am the kind of person who has to wash their hair every day, I hate not having fresh clean hair so that's why I chose the Daily shampoo as I thought it would be more suited to me and my hair OCD! I did need to wash my hair daily with using this shampoo & conditioner but like I said I expected that with it being called Daily shampoo. Once dry it leaves my hair feeling soft and manageable. In this picture I haven't using the Elevate lotion as I got distracted and my hair got too dry before I put it in!



Here's the ingredients in the shampoo, conditioner and lotion








I would definitely buy more shampoo from Neäl & Wølf, they have a few more products that I am interested in like the Guard Heat Protection, Silk Smoothing Blow-dry balm and Fix Hold & Shine spray.

You get 250 ml of Shampoo for £10.95, 200ml of conditioner for £11.95 and 200ml of volumising lotion for £11.95, so they are quite pricey but I reckon its worth it for a little treat for your hair now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment